Ebara Karaage Seasoning Flavoured Soy Sauce, 200 g
A quick & easy marinade for chicken karaage.
This karaage seasoning combines a hint of ginger and chilli pepper that can elevate any meat dish to the next level. Chicken karaage is a delicious izakaya favourite inspired by Chinese fried chicken recipes. Comprised of crunchy, deep-fried pieces of marinated chicken, karaage is often served with Japanese mayonnaise and a liberal squeeze of lemon juice.
How to prepare Chicken Karaage Japanese Fried Chicken at home:
• Prepare 300g of chicken and cut them into bite-size pieces.
• Put the chicken pieces in a plastic bag with 55g of karaage seasoning.
• Close the plastic bag and give it a good shake (approx. 30 times) and set it aside for approx. 15 minutes to marinate the chicken.
• Unseal the bag and coat each chicken piece with some potato starch powder.
• Prepare a pan and pour in oil to heat until 160 -170°C.
• Fry 3-4 pieces at a time for 3-4 minutes until they are deep golden brown colour, then remove and allow to drain on a wire rack or kitchen roll.
Serve hot or cold with some lemon wedges and a squeeze of Japanese mayonnaise.