Tsuyamaya Mixed Traditional Japanese Cakes, 250 g, 15 pieces Low in Stock (only 2 available)
Deliciously soft, sweet, traditional cakes.
Delight in the desserts the Japanese have been enjoying for hundreds of years with Tsuyamaya's assorted traditional desserts. These tiny cakes were originally served as an accompaniment to matcha green tea during the tea ceremony, as their sweetness offered a nice contrast to the leafy, slightly bitter quality of the matcha green tea. Nowadays they are most commonly enjoyed for afternoon tea with a cup of tea or coffee.
This assortment contains five different types of dessert.
- Yuzu Mochi (Yuzu Citrus Chewy Rice Cake): Yuzu infused sweet mochi chewy rice cakes, with a light, orange-like flavour from the yuzu citrus.
- Okura Youkan Maki (Red Bean Jelly Cake): Okura yokan wrap, a sweet red bean flavoured jelly-like yokan wrapped in a soft layer of sponge cake.
- Matcha Manjyu (Green Tea Steamed Cake): Green tea flavoured steamed cake with a sweet outer layer and delicious, slightly bitter green tea cake centre.
- Kuri Manjyu (Chestnut Steamed Cake): Chestnut flavoured steamed cake with a sweet outer layer and delicious, sweet chestnut centre.
- Azuki Manjyu (Red Bean Steamed Cake): Azuki flavoured steamed cake with a sweet outer layer and delicious, naturally sweet azuki red bean paste centre.
ITEM ID: #3780