Maki Sushi Roll Mould For Thin Rolls, 60 g Low in Stock (only 3 available)
Make perfect sushi rolls every time.
Ensure that your hosomaki, or thin sushi rolls, are always at the same thickness with this easy-to-use sushi rice mould. Comprised of three parts (an inner mould, an outer base and a push-down lid), this mould is used to make a well proportioned 'tube' of rice and filling, which can then be placed on a sheet of nori seaweed and rolled up to make a hosomaki. See below for instructions.
ITEM ID: #1693
• Wet all three parts before use to prevent rice from sticking.
• Fill the inner mould (half-cylinder without the thicker edge) up to about 80% with pre-prepared sushi rice.
• Make a valley down the middle of the rice for your filling.
• Place the inner mould, open side up, inside the larger mould (the square).• Fill the valley with your desired sushi filling (note: hosomaki normally only have one filling).
• Fill the remainder of the larger mould almost to the brim with rice, making sure that the filling is completely covered.
• Press the rice down using the pressing lid (half cylinder with the thicker edge).
• Turn the mould upside down and push out the rice 'tube'.
• Wrap the rice up in nori seaweed.