Nippn Ohmai Takoyaki Flour, 500 g
For great, authentic-tasting takoyaki.
Making one of the best dishes to come out of Osaka is now easier than ever with the help of Nippn Ohmai's takoyaki flour. The perfect takoyaki requires a well-seasoned savoury batter that, when cooked, is crispy on the outside and soft and viscous on the inside; and this flour has been specially formulated to do just that. It also comes well-seasoned with light soy sauce flavours, so all you need to make your takoyaki is fresh octopus, an egg, and your favourite fresh fillings.
ITEM ID: #11968
• Combine 1/2 contents of pack, 750ml water and 1 egg in a large mixing bowl. Whisk briskly until combined and lump-free.
• Cut 100g fresh octopus into bite-size pieces. Slice up your other fresh ingredients (we recommend ginger and spring onion, but you can use whatever ingredients you like).
• Heat and oil up a takoyaki pan. Fill each cup with takoyaki batter, then insert one piece of takoyaki, as well as your other seasonings, into the batter.
• When the outside of the batter is cooked, flip over using a bamboo skewer. Continue to rotate the takoyaki balls around until cooked all around.
• Serve with plenty of takoyaki sauce, bonito fish flakes, aonori seaweed and any other desired toppings.