I am having difficulty placing an order
Please call us on 020 3405 1151 or email email@example.com and we will do all we can to help.
Is it safe to order on Japan Centre website?
Yes. Our payments are handled by Sage Pay – the industry standard payment gateway – to ensure maximum security. No credit card information is stored on the Japan Centre site itself. The Sage Pay payment gateway, processes payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way. Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
What payment methods does Japan Centre accept?
Japan Centre accepts the following payment types:
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
Do you accept payment in other currencies?
We currently only accept payment in Pounds Sterling (GBP) though you are welcome to pay with a non-UK credit or debit card. The amount will be charged in your local currency, adjusted for your card issuer’s exchange rate and fee if applicable.
Do you deliver outside of UK?
- All non-edible items (except for Rice Cookers) can be delivered worldwide.
- All items (except for Rice cookers, Chilled Food, Bakery and Fresh Vegetables) can be delivered to any of the locations listed on our International Orders page.
- Chilled Food, Bakery and Fresh Vegetables can only be delivered to the UK Mainland.
What if I forget my account's password?
How do I place an order?
To place an order through the website, browse the site and add the items to your basket. Once you have finished shopping simply go to basket page, confirm the items you would like to order, choose the delivery method and continue to payment. If you are happy with your order, confirm the payment and the item(s) will be dispatched as quickly as possible.
Can I place an order over the phone?
Currently we only accept orders that have been placed through www.japancentre.com.
Can I cancel an order?
It is possible to cancel your order before it is dispatched. Please contact us and we will cancel your order immediately. If your order has already been dispatched, you can refuse the delivery when it arrives and it will get returned to us. Once we receive the refused order, we can issue a refund for the total cost of the order, minus any postage and packaging costs incurred. In this case you may also be charged for the return postage cost. If you have already taken delivery of the order and still wish to cancel and return it, please see Refunds & Returns for more information.
Can I change my order once placed?
If there are any items you've forgotten, please send us an email, or call us to check that your order hasn't yet left us, and then we may well be able to put the additional order through without charging you a second delivery charge. We cannot amend an order once it has been dispatched.
How do I know if my order was successful?
If your order is successful you will receive an automated email to confirm your order has been received. If you think you have placed an order, but have not received any emails from us, please call or email us to confirm we have received your order. It might be something as simple as the order going through correctly, but an error in entering your email address. However very occasionally an order might not come through to us for another reason. It's always worth checking, especially if you need the items quickly.
What if my payment failed?
- Contact Your Bank. They will be able to look into your account history and give you full details as to why your payment could not be processed. If your bank does not have any information about the failed transaction, it is most likely that the card details were incorrectly entered.
- Contact us within one week after your payment fails. Please call us on 020 3405 1151 and we can complete a manual payment over the phone for you. We do not recommend sending credit or debit card details by email. Do not place a duplicate order on our website, or else you might end up receiving two identical orders.
What if my order is incorrect?
If you have noticed that there has been a mistake with your order, please contact us on 020 3405 1151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do all we can to help. Please try to include your order reference, and we'll make sure we sort it out as quickly as we can.
When will I know my order has been dispatched?
We send an email confirming dispatch of your order towards the end of the day that your parcel leaves our distribution centre. The email will let you know the items sent and the address they have been sent to.
What if an item is out of stock?
If an item in your order is out of stock, we will either remove that item from your order or substitute it for a similar item, depending on which of these two options you chose when you placed your order. Please see Out of Stock Items for more information.
Can I track my order?
If your order is being delivered by courier, you will receive tracking details with which you can monitor the progress of your delivery.
How much is Delivery and how long will it take?
Does Japan Centre deliver to multiple addresses?
We can deliver to addresses other than the cardholder’s address, but we only deliver to one address per order. If you would like items in your order to be delivered to multiple locations you will need to place separate orders for each address.
Can I change my delivery address once the order has been dispatched?
We are unable to redirect orders to a different address after dispatch. Please therefore ensure you provide a correct and suitable delivery address for the specified delivery method. However, if you realise very soon after you place the order that the address is incorrect (or incomplete!) please contact us. Call us on 020 3405 1151 or email email@example.com and we will do all we can to help.
What if my item is damaged or faulty?
If you have received any damaged item(s), please contact us as soon as possible so we can arrange to resend you item(s) or issue a refund. Please include as many details as possible about the order and the problem with the item(s) and we will do our utmost to resolve the problem.
What if my item is missing?
If you find that any item(s) are missing from your order:
- Please first carefully check the full contents of your parcel. Our packing staff will sometimes wrap items in packing paper or use cardboard supports. Small item(s) may be hidden within this packaging.
- If you still cannot find your missing item(s), please contact us immediately so that we can arrange to resend your item(s) or issue a refund.
What if my item is incorrect?
If you have received an incorrect item(s):
- Please first carefully check your delivery note and see if your incorrect item(s) are not substitutes for out of stock items.
- If you are sure the item(s) are incorrect, please contact us immediately so that we can send the correct item(s).
- We may ask you to return the incorrect item(s). If this is the case we will cover return postage costs.
Why does the refunded amount exclude delivery?
We do not refund postage and packing charges unless the item ordered was faulty.